Research partners and sites
Our primary research partners are Torres Strait Islanders from northern Australia and the Cree community of Wemindji, located in eastern James Bay, northern Québec. However, over the past years, student members of the lab have done research in partnership with other communities elsewhere in Canada and the world. These include:
- Nemaska, James Bay, Northern Québec,
- Nuxalk Nation, Bella Coola, British Columbia,
- Communities along the Transcanada Trail,
- Several communities in Chile,
- Several communities in the Philippines
- Communities in Belize.